Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getting over the hump!

Forgive me if this is now update overkill but I figure the more informed I keep you, the smoother my transition back to Apartment Awesome. Two big things:

1. Had my post-op appointment with my leg surgeon yesterday. He took out the last few stitches and declared the healing of my surgical sites "a wonder"... Follow up X-ray was also great, no shifting of the pins and the promising presence of ossification- however he did say the bone regeneration did appear to be a bit slow but that's exactly what he had been expecting.

2. My long-awaited custom power chair arrives this afternoon, it's being delivered to me here at CareOne. I'm hoping this 'superchair' will afford me more time out of bed to get around and stretch everything, work on arm exercises on my own time in their gym. The PT/OT have already remarked my arms, while pretty strong to begin with, are showing signs of muscle growth. This will obviously make safe transfers from bed to chair much easier. That and I'm losing weight about 7lbs so far. I spoke w the dietician when I came here and was put on a reduced fat/cholesterol diet per my request.

In summary: I continue to try my best to focus on my progress, no matter how small it seems, is still progress. Don't get me wrong, I'm still prone to bouts of self-doubt and maddening frustration!  But I'm clinging to the good news like lifeboats and the more progress, the more lifeboats. I hope to soon have a yacht of collective lifeboats.

Please keep the amazing thoughts coming, I think they're helping.

-Liana

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that the healing of your surgical sites are a wonder, but the real wonder is YOU! Sending you lots of love and more healing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete