Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A quick update!

Greetings Friends and Followers,

I wanted to keep you apprised of my progress and latest info: Yesterday I was transferred to CareOne At Madison Ave (which is actually in Morristown) and have been admitted to their subacute rehab floor. It's a beautiful place, a 1901 mansion that was converted to a multi-unit care facility a few years ago. The staff are very upbeat which is helping me to be the same. I've been evaluated by physical and occupational therapy and they are setting up a treatment plan not only to start with but with anticipated weekly goals and subsequent increased activity. Everyone I've spoken with from administration to therapist is aware of my goal to return to my independent living apartment and they have all indicated to me that I will achieve just that.

I'm hopeful and am encouraged by this facility and their reputation for excellence. I know some days will be desperately difficult but in the end, I'm right where I need to be to get back to where I belong.



1 comment:

  1. How will you make it on your own? This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone. But it's time you started living! It's time you let someone else do some giving. Love is all around; no need to waste it. You can have a town, why don't you take it?

    You're gonna make it after all.

    You're gonna make it after all.

    ReplyDelete