Monday, June 17, 2013

Showing Improvement

Greetings and salutations from my recliner. I prefer to enjoy this spot for relaxation and it IS where I typically spend lots of time...but the past three weeks, it has become a magnet towards which my body seems annoyingly drawn. Spending hours a day (and night) in a recliner would seem enviable to most but trust me-it gets crazy old. I've memorized more commercials than I'd care to admit and at some point, I fear I may turn into a Magic Bullet or some form of spray-on hair.

Since last weeks blog things have been improving, albeit painfully slowly. I've been making more attempts to spend time outside (but the poopy rain sure isn't helping me in that endeavor!) my next 'hurdle' will be to take a spin in my beloved Falcor. I'm haunted daily by the sight of him parked, woefully unused! I worked waaaaay too hard to get that car to not use it! And so I shall-as soon as these daily downpours take a break!

In other news, this week we had a group meeting held here at Crescent Commons. Gathered were the  residents of our complex as well as Orchard Commons and Roberts House, two more of the communities founded by Bergen United Way. Also in attendance were assorted family members of the residents. It was a short meeting and a nice chance to meet more of our neighbors as well as hear about joining Crestwood Lake.  Naturally, I was curious about whether the grounds are wheelchair accessible and it sounds good-but I'll likely take a tour to be sure. And considering the lake is *right across the street* I'm going to sign up. I hope to make it a nice place to read a book and bring family to when they visit Apartment Awesome. I might have to start calling it Apartment Awesomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment