Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simple challenges made more complex


My music: Evita Soundtrack

I bet you're wondering if I cleaned up at Game Night... Sadly my lottery ticket losing streak continues. I played three rounds of Bingo with a variety of residents and Women's Club members. At one point we ran out of bingo chips and began using pieces of chex mix to mark our cards. But our efforts were in vain, as ALL THREE games were won by a very lucky guy named Joel. And that's after he changed his card once too! I didn't hear whether or not he won big bucks on his scratch ticket prize but I'm guessing no, because he DID promise to share any significant winnings! But no matter for the point of the evening was just to mingle and have fun amongst ourselves and that we very much did.

Now to parlay this fun 'evening out' into continued inspiration to accomplish other life goals. Truthfully, after the exhaustive year leading up to my move here, I've been in a four-month 'get stuff done' holding pattern of sorts. Having climbed the mountain of angst which is Medicaid, I felt entitled to a break from paperwork and red tape. But now with the arrival of spring comes my new set of mini 'keep my life in order' goals. I've got to find that new neurologist-likely will be going to the MS Center at Holy Name Hospital. There's also the pressing issue of finding a new dentist. Now I know what you're thinking-why don't I just call that chummy gal from 1-800-Dentist?! Ah, if only it were that simple! First I just tackle the usual hurdles-finding a doctor who accepts my Medicaid HMO and is hopefully located reasonably close. But my pesky wheelchair-bound status makes things even harder because I cannot get into a reclining dental chair like others can. I've got to find the elusive dentist that is willing to hover over my reclined wheelchair to do the work. Plus-how is the dental hygienist going to optimally place the Mr.Thirsty suction straw thing??!!! Ah, me-I'm sure it won't be that terribly difficult but it's just another task that must be tailored to my life in a wheelchair. This is all assuming that the office is handicap-accessible of course!

Did I say that I had lists to tackle?!? Yeah, let's conquer the dentist issue first. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. DON'T go with 1800 Dentist. Bad experience a couple of weeks ago with a dentist in Budd Lake. That being said- if you're willing to go to Ledgewood, I may have someone for you. Let me know and I'll help.

    ReplyDelete