Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Now Playing: I Megaphone, by Imogen Heap

This week I have found myself becoming more and more comfortable with my new surroundings. I even had an impromptu visit from one of my neighbors, Will. He lives in one of the two bedroom units so touring my one bedroom was a change for him. We chatted a bit-small talk, really-but I thought it was absolutely wonderful...If you’d told me a year ago that I’d be in a brand-new apartment (of my own!) talking favorite cookie recipes with my new neighbor, I’d have declared you a crazypants of the highest degree! In fact, a year ago I was in the thick of housing misery. The only other opportunity I had been offered was a shared house in Randolph which yes-was handicap accessible-but would have been a shared single home situation. I knew that location wasn’t my real shot at freedom. But I did not dream what awaited me in Allendale...

I was at the pharmacy yesterday and when prompted for my address, a nice woman in line said to me, ” I thought I recognized you!” Turns out she was part of the architectural firm that designed Crescent Commons! Naturally I told her, “Well thanks, you did a great job!” and shared with her how great it's been going for all of us over here. So that was a great example of a random meet-up in the community that proves how small the world sometimes seems.

In the brief tenure of this blog, I’ve grown accustomed to sharing a longer and seemingly more meaningful posting with you but the fatigue frequently associated with MS is pretty bad today so I think I shall sign off.
Oh-and I most definitely bought cookie mix at the pharmacy. After all, I have an entire new community of neighbors to bake for! Will told me he likes chocolate chip...

No comments:

Post a Comment